And such a pretty banner. I'll never get over how cute they looked in those matching aviators.
Perusing the results page led to me spending a couple hours re-living my fannish love for this show at the following places: the epic Luke/Noah picspam and the epic Jake/Van picspam. Ugh, THEY ARE SUCH GOOFBALLS I CAN'T TAKE IT, and also: this, so very married. And this .gif posted by oktoberskies reminded me that I never really got over my crush on that dude, because, hoshit, his smile.
I got podficced! rhea314 recorded "Jesus Complex," which can be found over here. rhea314 did such a great Jaye voice; it was so cool to hear my fic read out loud for the first time.
01. The first character I fell in love with: Mohinder.
02. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Claire. I have a hard time with cheerleader characters in general, but she really grew on me.
03. The character everyone else loves that I don't: I wasn't really that into Sylar. Well, okay, I liked him at first, but in my opinion he should have died at the end of S1.
04. The character I love that everyone else hates: Haaa, I feel like there were a lot. I really liked Simone, Maya and Niki. Niki, in particular, I really liked -- she was trying so hard to keep her family together and make sense of a world that was almost impossible to make sense of.
05. The character I used to love but don't any longer: Can't think of anyone.
06. The character I would shag anytime: MOHINDER.
07. The character I want to be like: None of them, really.
08. The character I'd slap: West, when he was first introduced. He did improve in the last few eps I saw, though, although his relationship with Claire was thoroughly enraging.
09. A pairing that I love: Simone/Niki. ♥
10. A pairing that I hate: I don't really care enough to hate any pairings.
11. Favorite character: Can I say Mohinder again?
12. My five favorite characters: Monica, Niki, Maya, Molly, Micah.
13. My five least favorite characters: I don't knooooow.
14. Which character I am most like: I related to S1 Peter a lot with the whole savior complex/inadequacy thing he had going on.
15. My deep, dark fandom secret: I can't think of one.
01. The first character I fell in love with: Ricky.
02. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Curtis really grew on me over time. He was this weird combination of ridiculously annoying and also semi-endearing.
03. The character everyone else loves that I don't: Hmm, nope, not coming up with anything.
04. The character I love that everyone else hates: No one, really, but I don't dislike Wade as much as some people. He just strikes me as incredibly confused and the process of development he's going through with his queer identity is something that I think is a lot more understandable when it's a young character going through it, because he does a lot of immature things that hearken back to teenage behavior. Although the whole not-coming-out-to-his-parents and thinking he could get MARRIED without mentioning that little fact was really, just, no.
05. The character I used to love but don't any longer: None.
06. The character I would shag anytime: Junito's pretty awesome.
07. The character I want to be like: Again, Junito's pretty awesome; he struck me as the healthiest and most balanced character on show (which I realize they overplayed as a way of contrasting him against Ricky, but still).
08. The character I'd slap: That guy who was trying to steal Trey.
09. A pairing that I love: RICKY/NOAH BABY.
10. A pairing that I hate: Eh.
11. Favorite character: Ricky.
12. My five favorite characters: I like most of them!
13. My five least favorite characters: Eh.
14. Which character I am most like: I don't think any of them.
15. My deep, dark fandom secret: I feel like a fandom would have to exist for this show for me to have a deep, dark secret.
01. The first character I fell in love with: I think I actually fell in love with Gus/Shawn more than a specific character.
02. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now: Lassiter, because he's just really not my type of character but now I find him adorable.
03. The character everyone else loves that I don't: Henry, I guess? I mean, I can appreciate him, but I have a hard time enjoying him unreservedly because his parenting methods deeply disturb me.
04. The character I love that everyone else hates: I don't know that fandom really hates any characters. I do fucking adore Goochberg, though, and wish they could have kept her on as a regular.
05. The character I used to love but don't any longer: None.
06. The character I would shag anytime: Juliet is the only one I'd date, because as cute as Gus and Shawn are, they're way too dysfunctional/codependent with each other for me.
07. The character I want to be like: Juliet!
08. The character I'd slap: None of them, n'awww.
09. A pairing that I love: Hahahaha, like I need to answer this. Gus/Shawn, natch.
I also enjoy: Abigail/Juliet, Juliet/Gus, Juliet/Lassiter (my not-really-secret guilty ship), Juliet/Karen, Juliet/April (OTP!), Gus/Lassiter, Buzz/most people, Juliet/Gus/Shawn, Ruby/Gus/Shawn, Mira/Gus/Shawn.
And I'm quite into the idea of: Juliet/Ruby or Ruby/Mira, although I highly doubt I'll ever find fic about them.
10. A pairing that I hate: None.
11. Favorite character: Too hard to pick one!
12. My five favorite characters: Gus, Juliet, Shawn, Karen, Buzz.
13. My five least favorite characters: None, really.
14. Which character I am most like: Gus. Well, sometimes. Sometimes I'm weird like Shawn, but I think I'm more Gus-like overall.
15. My deep, dark fandom secret: Errrr. I kind of fail at this meme, don't I?
Completely against my will, I seem to have become fannish about Legend of the Seeker. D:
Other privatized posts I need to clean up and get out of my hair: that long-simmering why-is-Gus-ever-joked-about-as-a-sidekic
I suppose I'll end this with another meme, for the heck of it: Pick a paragraph (or any passage less than 700 words) from any fanfic I've written, and comment to this post with that selection. I will then give you a DVD commentary on that snippet: what I was thinking when I wrote it, why I wrote it in the first place, what's going on in the character's heads, why I chose certain words, what this moment means in the context of the rest of the fic (fic series, fic universe),
Fic can be found my LJ tags and trascendenza (though not all of it, yet).
[[ dreamwidth entry | reply @ dw | comments ]]